The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is a new NHS service that allows your GP to send your prescription(s) directly to your chosen pharmacy electronically. This means that you can choose to have a paper-free prescription service.
Who is it for?
Electronic prescriptions will be of particular benefit if:
- You have a repeat prescription and do not want to collect it from your GP every time it is due
- You regularly collect your medicines from the same pharmacy
- You use a repeat prescription service
Why use the NHS Electronic Prescription Service?
- An NHS service at no cost to you
- To simplify your life
- Less visits to your GP surgery to collect repeat prescriptions
- Choose a pharmacy that is convenient for you
How The Service Works?
- Nominate the pharmacy you choose to dispense your electronic prescription(s) (Find you local chemist click here>>)
- GP generates your prescription and transmits it to your nominated pharmacy
- Pharmacy dispenses your medication in the usual way
- You choose visit the pharmacy and collect your medicines or have them delivered for FREE (contact our pharmacy for more information)